Is your business too small that it doesn't need a website?
Many business owners still believe their small business doesn't need a website and that word of mouth is free and the best way of bringing new customers to their store. Are you still depending on the old phone book?
Almost half of small businesses in the US still don't have a website and that is quite a lot even though having a website for your start-up, or small business is one of the most important part of a successful business, and the least expensive means of having a web presence, promote your small business and help it grow!
BUT WHY SMALL BUSINESSES ARE STILL WITHOUT A WEBSITE?
Is it because they still think there is a good percentage of customers still using the old, and outdated tool to find a services they need, or business brochures to find products, with good deals, they want to buy?
Or is it because they still believe that having a website for their small business is expensive and an investment they is just out of their reach?
ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN WHY YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS A WEBSITE
Every day, possibly even right now, your potential customers are online and searching the internet to buy a product they want, or a service they need - Which are things you can easily provide them with if your small business had a website to showcase your products and services!
YOUR SMALL BUSINESS AND SALES CAN GROW TOGETHER
Don't you want to grow your business, reach more customers and make more money? We all do! Or are you afraid of not being able to manage your growing business? Don't worry because when that time comes, you will be able to hire someone else to manage your business, while you are sitting at the beach with a large glass of ice cold lemonade (Did you think I was going to say 'Beer'?)
There is a lot of money to be made online! And if you don't start thinking of designing a website for your small business and get your share of the pie, your competitors will have no problem taking your hard deserved money from your hand! So get up and get a website NOW!
HOW CAN A WEBSITE HELP YOUR SMALL BUSINESS?
- 24/365 access to your business - Your business will be available from anywhere and for 24/365 a year, thus providing your would be customers with unlimited access anytime, and anywhere!
- Boost your small business image and help it grow - Your professionally designed website will boost your business image, credibility and instill trust with your existing and would be clients
- No employees, Less overhead - You won't need to hire anyone, nor spend money on payroll and medical bills when you have a website that can run by itself! Will it get sick? Probably but if you maintain your website regularly, it will be like performing preventive medicine, which is really cheaper than if you would visit to fix something wrong!
- Being sick for days - Did we mention that a website will not call off work? It might get a hickup here and there but that is easy to prevent with a regular website maintenance!
- Free marketing (well, that will depend on your writing and marketing skills) - Your small business website will be a good tool to market and sale your product or services! And if you have a little bit of marketing skills and know you can write good content, you will have no problem enticing your potential customers to buy your products/services
- Offer coupons and freebies - With a website, you can offer coupons and freebies for the potential customers that subscribe to your newsletter for example, for lead generation
- Stay in the forefront of your competitors - With the help of SEO, you can cater to your potential customers, achieve high ranking and bring targeted traffic to your site, thus staying atop of your competition
- Get new customers - If your small business doesn't have a website, it is looing opportunities to win new customers. They are either not finding your site, or they passing over your site because it’s confusing, or poorly designed.
ARE YOU STILL USING THE OLD PHONE BOOK AND NEWSPAPER ADS?
If you are still using the old phone book, know that those days are way gone and put the rest by a new and technologically savy tool called Internet! What about the monthly advertising cost you pay your local phone company, or the newspaper add you place regularly! Do you still believe they are not as expensive as they seem?
Or how often the phone book, that you use to advertise your products or services, is updated? probably once a year if you are lucky! But if you had a website, you can update your product page within seconds, and if you are the one that is managing the site, it will cost you nothing, zilch, nada!
Share it with family and fellow small business friends
If you enjoyed reading 'Why your small business needs a website' article, then I kindly ask that you share it with family members, friends, family, and small business owners you know. Also, don't forget to Like Us using the below social media buttons. Submit the artile you would like me to share!