6 Simplified steps to great SEO
On-Page SEO, or On-page Search engine optimization is the process of implementing standard or basic strategies to optimize a page in order to achieve better position in the search engine page result (SERP).
Basic SEO factors of On-Page SEO according to SimplerWebs
On-page SEO is not quite difficult to do or achieve provided you follow some basic on-page search engine optimization factors. SimplerWebs is pleased to provide you with the following 6 steps to achieve better On-page SEO. Please note that the below steps are not in any particular order.
1. PAGE TITLE - Write a good title page for better SEO
Page title is one of the many most important criterias, or factors related to better SEO, or On-page SEO. Most of the top search engines put a lot of weight, or great importance on the Page Title of a particular page for it allows them to get a better idea related to the content of that particular page, therefore, delivering the most related page to the user's query, or search. SimplerWebs recommend that you follow the following title format for better on-page SEO:
- It is highly recommended to place your most targeted keyword, or key phrase at the beginning of the title,
- If possible, use your targeted keyword, or key phrase at the beginning of the title and the brand at the end of the title but do not focus on Branding first unless you came up with a great Title page and still have room for the brand,
- Make sure that your title page does not exceed 70 characters. If you can, stay within 65 maximum characters instead,
- If possible, use the Keyword synonym with your targeted keyword. i.e; Web Design Reading PA | Affordable Web Development in Reading PA,
- Try to use the keyword, or key phrase as a call to action. i.e; Web Design | Save 15% OFF our Web Design packages,
- If you are Branding, use Brand Name | Affordable Web Design company in Reading PA,
- Make sure to use the Title page to describe, or provide a good hint as to what the page content is about,
- An accurate Title page that matches its page content gives a better user experience.
2. ALT TAG for your Images
When thinking of adding photos to your page, consider the following:
- Use targeted keywords when naming your photos or images. i.e; seo-reading-pa.png,
- Write a good description of your image using your targeted keyword but DO NOT make it the same as the image file name i.e; website-design - Use something like 'Affordable website design for small business'
- Optimize your picture(file size) for faster page load,
3. Anchor TEXT
Please consider the following when thinking of an Anchor Text:
- Use targeted keyword or key phrase in your Anchor text. i.e; Web Development Company Reading PA,
- Make sure that the Anchor text links to a page with the same targeted keyword or keyword phrase,
- Make your Anchor text descriptive. i.e; Low Cost Web Design Services in Reading PA
When thinking of adding a Link to your text or image, think of the following:
- Again, use targeted keyword or key phrase for your link. i.e; Affordable SEO services your business can afford,
- Make sure that the link directs to a page with similar title in the URL. i.e.; affordable-web-design
- Make your Link as descriptive as possible. i.e; Please visit our "affordable web design" page for more info!
5. PAGE CONTENT
When writing content for your page, consider the following:
- Entice your reader with a descriptive introductory about your page to make them want to read more instead of bouncing back, or exist your page or site,
- Write for users and not for search engines,
- The content should be easy to read and to the point,
- Avoid keyword stuffing, or spamming,
- We recommend the use of one keyword and a synonym per page,
- Don't worry about keyword density but instead, concentrate on writing a content that is enjoyable to read and makes sense,
- Don't worry about the length of your page as long as you have a great content,
- Scatter your keyword or keyword synonym throughout your page while not making the page look spammee.
- Pay attention to your targeted audience and the spelling differences. For example, in the U.S. we use "Search Engine Optimization" where in the UK, they might use "Search Engine Optimization", or "Color" vs "Colour"
6. URL - Short and descriptive URL
When thinking of a URL for your page, do the following:
- Use your targeted keyword or phrase in your URL - ie; affordable-website-design,
- Make your page URL short - Try to stay within 3 or 4 words, then you can add your targeted location at the end of the URL, ie; web-design-reading, to web-design-reading-pa if you are trying to target on your local customers
6 Steps to a better On-Page SEO Summary
Below is a brief summary of what we have discussed and what we recommend for on page SEO
- Think of a targeted keyword, or keyword phrase, and try not to over use it - Use synonyms whenever you can
- Name your files, such as images, PDF, etc... using the same keyword or keyword phrase, reflected the page topic
- Use the same targeted keyword, or keyword phrase for your url, and try to make them short
- Use the same keyword for your Alt tag to describe the image,
- Use the same keyword or keyword phrase for your Anchor text (but not exactly - ie: 'what is SEO', and 'SEO - What is it?)
- Use the same keyword or keyword synonym for your link,
- Use the same keyword for your URL - ie: If your niche is affordable web design, then your page url should be something like:affordable-web-design
- Make sure the link used actually links to a page with the same page title
We hope this 6 steps to a better On-page SEO article will make optimizing your site easier! If you enjoyed reading it, please share it on your Facebook page using the below button, and if you did not like it or believe we missed something, please let us know by commenting below.